Introducing our October Guest Designer - Mayline Jung



We're so excited about this month's guest designer, Mayline Jung.  Mayline has a wonderful whimsical style that ranges from florals to critters, to icons.  Her cards are clean, fresh, bright and technically exquisite.  We know that you are going to be bowled over by her designs this month.

Here is a little more about Mayline:

My name is Mayline Jung. I am Korean and moved to Canada in 2008. I have a wonderful and supportive husband. I love arts, design and paper crafting, especially card making. It was by chance in 2012 that I watched a cardmaking tutorial on YouTube. Immediately, I fell in love with the craft so I watched tutorials for an entire year and finally at the end of 2013, I decided to try to make cards. This is my short story on how my love for making cards began. And I have a YouTube channel and Instagram @maylinelovesyou.

And now you need to check out her projects for today!



Hi everyone! It’s Mayline. I’m so excited today to share my cards as Neat & Tangled Guest Designer. I have so much fun playing with these cute stamps! For my first card, I’m using Big top birthday stamp set.

Here is how I made this card.  I used a no-line watercolor technique.

To start off, I repeatedly stamped images from Big top birthday stamp set using Distress ink “Scattered Straw”on watercolor paper. Then I used watercolor paint for coloring and set aside.  And I stamped stars from Big Top Birthday stamp set with black ink. Next I stamped a banner and a sentiment with black ink on the pink color cardstock. I then fussy cut it and adhered it to the card panel with foam mounting tape. To complete the card, I adhered the panel to a white card base.


Here is my second card.  


First I cut out speech bubble die from  Square Thoughts die-cut four times on white cardstock and one time on black cardstock. And I took one speech bubble and I draw a square using a pencil on A2 sized watercolor paper.  Then I stamped a sentiment from Square Thoughts stamp set on the inside of square using black ink. After that I covered the square using sticky note. After that I stamped images from Big top birthday stamp set  using Distress ink “Scattered Straw”on the watercolor paper.  And I stamped stars from Big Top Birthday stamp set with black ink. 


Then I removed the sticky note. After that I used watercolor paint for coloring. Next I stacked speech bubbles that I cut at the beginning and I taped it down on the center of the paper. 


Next I stamped a lion image in black ink on another watercolor paper and colored it. After that I fussy cut it and adhered the lion to the bottom of the speech bubble with tape. That’s it :)

5 comments

Back to Top